Will provide skilled physical therapy to Unity clients per N.Y.S. Department of Health and Federal regulations.
- Maintains a caseload of clients, as assigned, which supports the standards productivity requirements of the program.. Coordinates client service request and / or referrals in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provides comprehensive skilled therapy assessments, formulates a comprehensive plan of home care services for assigned clients based on skilled therapy assessment.
- Performs skilled therapy and prescribed treatments to assigned clients based on MD orders.
- Orders, obtains prescribed equipment as needed and teaches clients regarding the equipment obtained.
- Communicates plan of care to the Primary Care Physician (PCP), updates PCP with changes in condition and subsequent alterations to plan of care. Documents and implements physicians orders per D.O.H. and Federal regulation, and agency standards.
- Provides client and family education in accordance with client assessment and prescribed plan of care.
- Establishes paraprofessional care plan as needed and supervises paraprofessional per DOH and Federal regulation.
- Completes accurately and timely all documentation of assigned clients' care per regulatory standards.
- Participates in Unity in service education program. Maintains updated knowledge base of community health practice, therapy practice and community resources.
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy or Bachelor's degree with prior experience as a licensed Physical Therapist required.
- Prior Physical Therapist experience preferred.
- Current New York State license or a limited permit as a Registered Physical Therapist
- If New York State license or limited permit is not held, must be hired within 90 days of graduation from New York State or APTA accredited physical therapist education program and meet Practice Exemption under New York State Physical Therapy License Requirements.
- If working in Homecare or traveling between locations, NYS license required.
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Sign up for Job Alerts
Director of Nursing - Home HealthHeritage Home Health Services, Inc.Carmel, IN, United StatesMar 23
RN Home CareParkview Home Health and HospiceFort Wayne, IN, United StatesMar 23
Clinical Service ManagerThe Medical TeamReston, VA, United StatesMar 21
Director of NursingAssisting Hands Home CareWayne, NJ, United StatesMar 21
Hospice RNParkview Home Health and HospiceFort Wayne, IN, United StatesMar 20
Physical TherapistHCR Home CarePlattsburgh, NY, United StatesFeb 16
Physical TherapistUniversity of New Mexico HospitalsAlbuquerque, New MexicoMar 14
Physical Therapist - Home HealthcareColorado Visiting Nurse AssociationDenver, CO, United StatesFeb 17
Physical Therapist - Salaried/PRNTeam Select Home CareTulsa, OK, United StatesFeb 21
Physical Therapist - Salaried/PRNTeam Select Home CarePhoenix, AZ, United StatesFeb 21